Cam lock fittings are also known as cam and groove couplings. They fall under the category of a broad assortment of fluid transport equipment. The contemporary trend of camlock fittings available are economical and designed for perfection, performance and precision. The enormous supply of camera lock includes products with materials like aluminum, brass, polypropylene and stainless steel. The top brands of camera lock fittings come from the UK and Europe, but all these are now made available across the world.
Kinds of Camlock Fittings
There Are distinct categories of camlock fittings or couplings such as:
- Aluminium Cam and groove fittings – All these are Permanent mold cast that is really the process that produces castings of a finer grain structure. These castings are of better strength than those produced using perish or sand casting.
- Brass cam lock fitting – This category of camlock Couplings is forged a half to 3 inches and made by sand casting for all other available sizes.
- 316 Stainless Steel fittings – All these are Investment casts also popularly called lost wax process or precision casting.
- Polypropylene Cam and Groove couplings – These Fittings are made from acid resistant twenty percent polypropylene that is glass reinforced. The maximum temperature of the polypropylene is hundred and sixty degrees Fahrenheit.
What do Cam lock fittings offer?
The Famous manufacturer of Cam lock fitting is called Snap lock Cam lock fittings which offer:
- 1b substance certification on the stainless steel castings on special request
- All of the metal camlock fittings are forged up to 3 inches
- Each of the 316 stainless steel fitting is marked with a particular heat trace number
- Leak proof and directly through connections
- Requires no tools to connect these fittings
- The Stocked items include size range in a half to six inches but bigger sizes can be fabricated on special requests
The process of Connecting a cam locks coupling or fitting is extremely straightforward and does not require any particular tool. They are connected simply by opening the arms of the coupling and inserting the adapter rightly to the coupler. Then both the arms of the coupler are closed under the standard hand pressure to finish joint.